Why do a Postdoc at PUC-Rio?
· A Postdoc is often required for a researcher to complete his PhD work and to collect more papers, contributions and experience so that he or she can apply for an academic position.
· In Brazil, we have the the Science without Borders programme , CAPES, CNPq and FAPERJ which can fund postdoctoral work. It takes 3-4 months for a decision about a project.
· Fellowships of 3-5 years with values ranging between US$3000-4000 (tax free) per month.
· Funding for equipment, travel and conferences.
· Great flexibility for choosing your topic in agreement with your supervisor.
· What is required?
o Excellent English including both oral and written.
o Excellent academic record and top journal papers (IEEE and IET journals).
o An PhD degree or equivalent.
o A funding application prepared together with a supervisor.
How can I find accommodation?
· Accommodation in Rio de Janeiro is often expensive and a good way to start is to share a room. A straightforward way to look for rooms is via Easyroommate.
Internships, visits, prolonged stays?
· Funding for visiting professors or researchers depends on the case. Please contact me to discuss opportunities.
· Students pursuing an MSc or a PhD who wish to spend time at CETUC/PUC-Rio are encouraged to contact me.
· We do not have funding for internships.
Note: The above description, comments and suggestions reflect my own opinion.