Why do an MSc in electrical engineering at PUC-Rio?
· An MSc is required for many jobs in the industry and is now becoming mandatory for every engineer working on projects that require technical expertise.
· Full scholarships for 2 years (the MSc at PUC-Rio lasts 1.5-2 years), which currently amount to about US$600 (tax free) per month and also cover tuition fees.
· It is awarded based on work of high quality and scientific rigour.
· Excellent preparation for a PhD.
· What is required?
o Good English skills and academic record.
o A BSc degree or equivalent.
o An application before the deadline. At PUC-Rio, in electrical engineering we recruit twice a year: a) applications by the end of June to start in August and b) applications by the end of November to start in February/March.
o You will need to take 8 courses in the first year and then write an MSc report (can be either in Portuguese or in English).
o The MSc degree requires you to study a topic and be able to publish at least a conference paper. Some top students can even publish a journal paper (example : Electronics Letters or IEEE Letters).
How can I find accommodation?
· Accommodation in Rio de Janeiro is often expensive and a good way to start is to share a room. A straightforward way to look for rooms is via Easyroommate.
Internships, visits, prolonged stays?
· Funding for visiting professors or researchers depends on the case. Please contact me to discuss opportunities.
· Students pursuing an MSc or a PhD who wish to spend time at CETUC/PUC-Rio are encouraged to contact me.
· We do not have funding for internships.
Note: The above description, comments and suggestions reflect my own opinion.