Adaptive and Array Signal Processing - 2015.2
The objective of the course is to introduce the fundamentals of adaptive and array signal processing using linear algebra, optimisation and intuition. The main focus is on filtering and estimation techniques and beamforming and direction finding methods and their application in several areas of electrical engineering (communications, control, time-series analysis, sensing, defence systems, etc).
1. Mathematical fundamentals
2. Adaptive signal processing and applications
3. Optimal filters
4. The Steepest Descent Method
5. LMS Type Algorithms
6. LS Type Algorithms
7. Algorithms for Large Systems
8. Sensor Array Processing
9. Beamforming Techniques
10. Direction finding
The assessment is based on lists of tutorial questions (T), an exam paper (E) and a project (P) . The final grade is given by FG = (P + E+ T)/3.
System identification with LMS - code
Distributed LMS using diffusion - code
Echo cancellation - code
MVDR beamforming - code
Direction finding - code
1. HAYKIN, S., Adaptive Filter Theory. 4a Ed. Prentice Hall, 2002.
2. VAN TREES, H. L., Optimum Array Processing. Wiley, 2002.
3. DINIZ, P. S. R., Adaptive Filtering: Algorithms and Practical Implementation, 2nd Edition, Kluwer, 2002.
4. SAYED, A. H., Adaptive Filters. Wiley, 2008.
5. JOHNSON, D.H., DUDGEON, D. E., Array Signal Processing. Prentice Hall, 1993.